Stretch wrapping is one of the most popular unitizing and pallet wrapping methods on the market today. It is a stretchable plastic film that can prevent products from being damaged in the shipment process due to improper handling, sudden movements, or environmental factors. The following lists some of the main benefits of stretch wrap.
1. How Stretch Wrapping Delivers Superior Protection
- Stretch wrap loads are more secure which minimize shipping damages.
- UVI stretch films can protect products stored outdoors from UV rays.
- Strong opaque films conceal load contents and reduce instances of pilferage.
- Stretch films keeps products free of dust, moisture and dirt.
2. Why Stretch Wrapping is Cost Effective
- Stretch wrap film is more cost effective than alternatives such as strapping, corrugated or heat shrink film.
- Stretch wrap equipment typically cost less than same caliber alternatives like shrink wrapping and strapping equipment.
- Stretch wrappers uses less energy to operate than other unitizing methods like shrink wrap systems.
3. Why Stretch Wrapping is More Efficient
- Increased packaging operation efficiency
- Improved Inventory control
- Increases worker productivity
- Scan-through optics
- Versatility of pallet load types
4. Stretch Wrap Film is Recyclable
- Stretch film is recyclable.